Monday, August 27, 2012

Wedding Drunkenness


I'm at another wedding. Doug is here too. I don't want to make a fool of myself again so I am not going to drink this time. Last time I blacked out and danced with him twice. I only remember dancing with him once...

The dancing has been going on for a couple hours now and people are starting to feel their drinks. I run into Doug outside of the dance floor and he is completely drunk. Last time he barely took a sip. He has vomit on his shirt. It's pretty gross but I ignore it.

"I drank way too much! I feel so sick!" He drunkenly stumbles towards me and I tell him that he will be alright and give him a hug.

"Do you want to dance?" The music slows and I have to help him keep his balance. We dance and I feel bad that he doesn't feel well but much better about myself now that I know he didn't judge me for my drunkenness at the previous wedding. We are once and for all equals.

----

I wake up to receive a message I've been waiting over a week for to redeem myself from wedding drunkenness. (A message I assumed I'd never get.)


No comments:

Post a Comment